Training and couching
The plastic part industry is one of the most progressive industries in the world. There are growing new and new production facilities and companies every year and its practically impossible to get enough skilled people to cover the needs of all the companies. To stay competitive its important for the companies to get proper and efficient trainings. Further more, there are many innovations introduced every year and its nearly impossible for the people in the operations to catch up with them.
Among the most important trainings belong:
- Polymeric materials characteristics and differences
- Plastic part design to support Design for Manufacturing and Design for Quality
- Tooling definition standards and requirements
- Plastic part quality issues troubleshooting (visual and dimensional)
- Lean improvement (SMED, material flow)
Many companies plan their grow many years in advance (very often 3-5 years in advance) and they need to develop key resources to be able to assure smooth start up of the projects and new facilities. Due to this, couching is often used to develop 2-3 key players. Couching is a sort of very intensive training focused on the day to day business supported by a couch who supports and trains the key players. This activity takes usually 6 months to 2 years (depending on the facility and complexity).