What I do?
Injection and tooling development engineering (R&D)
- Responsible for injection process and tooling development of auto interiors and exteriors products from 400 to 3200 ton clamping force (150 – 3800 g)
- Tooling start up and definition of corrective actions and timings to convergence to the final part and tooling quality
- Adding added value to tooling purchasing by calculation of the cost of modifications and lead time definition
- Polymeric materials training (Thermoplastics and Thermosets) – choice, characteristics, differences
- Injection process training – one gate as well as multi gate processes, injection process issues troubleshooting
- Injection tooling training – tool concept, part design influence, tooling issues troubleshooting
Injection process and launch engineering (Operations)
- Responsible for improvement of scrap and downtimes (50 – 2300 ton machines and 5 – 1800 g products) of interior components.
- Definition of corrective actions
- Customer audit preparation and participation
- Division work stream leader (injection production department)
- Definition of new projects characteristics (tool layout, number of cavities, clamping force, cycle time, materials).
Injection and tooling development team leadership (R&D management):
- Responsible for injection and tooling team development
- KPIs definition and follow up
- Inspiring and inspiration system definition
- New projects injection, tooling and equipment relevant CAPEX definition
- Customer design for manufacturing consultations and negotiations
- Tooling suppliers development
- Tooling standardization
- Production bench mark mindset development